MOT Question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daisy

RMS Regular
Just wanted to clear something up, if an MOT run's out for example on the 28th October, can the car be tested before that for example on the 14th and then the years starts again from there until the 14th October 2009...?

Or must the car have its year's MOT expired or up on the actual day of the test...?

Thanks

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah daisy, I did it for mine last year as I had exams the week of my MOT so got it early!

ak89

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
If you got yours tested on the 14th and it passed, your MoT would be valid until 28th October 2009.

I always put mine through the first time 2 - 3 weeks before expiry so I've time to rectify any faults for a re-test before the original expiry

Daisy

RMS Regular
OP
Daisy
Yea thats what i was thinking, get it sorted this weekend and book a test next week and then if anything fails then i have enough time to correct before the actual date is up....

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If it does fail, you can still drive your car up to the required test date

My car did fail, on lights which were apparently set that morning, and I was not sure if I was legally allowed to drive the car because it had failed. But I phoned the police and asked and they said that it was fine to drive the car until the required test date

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
If it expires on the 28th October and you pass on the 14th October, your new MOT will run to the 28th of October next year.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.