E60 BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Jobs jobbed!

New cables fitted along with fresh brake shoe fitting kit as the springs were all very crusty!

IMG_2235.jpeg

Then I went to the front and replaced the front drop links as I had noticed that the rubber boot had come off one (hope those gloves are to your approval @Cro 😂)…..

IMG_2237.jpeg

Went for MEYLE HD versions as they’re normally very good quality.

IMG_2236.jpeg

56oval

RMS Regular
😮😳🤔What was wrong with it?
received_818868130097162 (1).jpeg

Everything 🤣.
Needed both front shocks and springs droplinks,flywheel sounds like its about to leave the chat. Oil leak on engine, glowplug relay toast, oil level sensor toast Brake lines corroded, rear bushes, wheel bearings groaning from the agony of one elderly owner from new, bit of rot in the sill, more hits than the beatles and looked like its been rubbed down with a sledgehammer.
Apart from that, shes mint.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
View attachment 433280
Everything 🤣.
Needed both front shocks and springs droplinks,flywheel sounds like its about to leave the chat. Oil leak on engine, glowplug relay toast, oil level sensor toast Brake lines corroded, rear bushes, wheel bearings groaning from the agony of one elderly owner from new, bit of rot in the sill, more hits than the beatles and looked like its been rubbed down with a sledgehammer.
Apart from that, shes mint.
Will have a full years mot this time tomorrow 😂😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So, the reason for having the rear seat lifted was that I had to remove them to create space for the seats I collected from @McFall1984

It’s a half leather M Sport interior (which I got partly because the kids have all complained about how cold/hot the full leather SE seats were lol) that I think is nicer than the full leather M Sport seats, certainly more supportive on the twisty roads than the SE seats were, not to mention a nicer quality leather than the faux leather of the SE seats!

They were bogging due to storage:

IMG_2247.jpeg

It an hour or two with the #TeamFFS wet vac and they came up brilliantly!!

IMG_2249.jpeg

And the difference they made inside the car is unreal!! Both visually and in terms of feel and comfort:

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

Oh, and in other news after 11yrs of being “unemployed” due to being my wife’s (and kids) full time carer I am now employed full time as a Service Tech in Kwik Fit Mallusk! 😊

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
So, the reason for having the rear seat lifted was that I had to remove them to create space for the seats I collected from @McFall1984

It’s a half leather M Sport interior (which I got partly because the kids have all complained about how cold/hot the full leather SE seats were lol) that I think is nicer than the full leather M Sport seats, certainly more supportive on the twisty roads than the SE seats were, not to mention a nicer quality leather than the faux leather of the SE seats!

View attachment 434469

View attachment 434470

And the difference they made inside the car is unreal!! Both visually and in terms of feel and comfort:

View attachment 434471
View attachment 434472

Oh, and in other news after 11yrs of being “unemployed” due to being my wife’s (and kids) full time carer I am now employed full time as a Service Tech in Kwik Fit Mallusk! 😊

They look great now, like I said about your possible new job, glad to hear your now in an working
Fair play matey

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini

View attachment 434469

View attachment 434470

View attachment 434471
View attachment 434472

Pictures don't do these seats justice - they look brilliant

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Seats looks great, is she not for sale any longer?

Congrats on getting the job, commiseration on losing all and any free time lol

JH86

RMS Regular
Two low ballers (offering £500 FGS!) and then whilst out doing shopping both handbrake cables snapped, right at the ends attaching to the lever mechanisms at the shoes! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hey, not like you to use "FGS" 🤷‍♀️😂

But even now days I still get asked to do bmw rear brakes, I think should send them your way

Ps car looks great and a 520 is the car to buy, diesel is dreary and grim no need for anything bigger tbh

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Hey, not like you to use "FGS" 🤷‍♀️😂

But even now days I still get asked to do bmw rear brakes, I think should send them your way

Ps car looks great and a 520 is the car to buy, diesel is dreary and grim no need for anything bigger tbh
Yea I’m trying to set a better example! lol.

Thanks mate! 😊

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Seats looks great, is she not for sale any longer?

Congrats on getting the job, commiseration on losing all and any free time lol
I’m still on the hunt for an estate car and as such she’s still listed, but I’m being fussy for a change! lol. It has to match my requirements, if I don’t get what I want then I’ll happily motor on in this!