Caterham Project V and the Supercar Extravaganza

•   

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Great podcast again fellas! I can confirm the Caterham V is a good looking car in real life!

20230716_142659.jpg
20230716_142633.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
And yet another reason I should have been at Goodwood. It went up the hill didn’t it.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Great podcast again fellas! I can confirm the Caterham V is a good looking car in real life!

View attachment 405472View attachment 405473

That is a lot better looking than the photos in EVO mag to be fair, although the rear definitely looks unfinished.. I don't think they have a working car yet, only this design model which was only recently finished. I don't get the appeal of something like this, I think no matter how well they handle the thrill of driving is just not there with an EV. Even if my M3P handled well it wouldn't make any difference, its missing the sounds and vibrations that make a car a car. Price-wise it will be competing with the new Boxster/Cayman EV, most would bet on the Porsche being superior in all aspects, as a daily driver or a track car. Although why anyone would want to drop £80k++ on any EV to do track days is beyond me.

@Cooper cost to charge the Tesla at home is about £25 now, I'm averaging 3.5Wh/mile so about 220 miles for a full charge = 11p/mile.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That is a lot better looking than the photos in EVO mag to be fair, although the rear definitely looks unfinished.. I don't think they have a working car yet, only this design model which was only recently finished. I don't get the appeal of something like this, I think no matter how well they handle the thrill of driving is just not there with an EV. Even if my M3P handled well it wouldn't make any difference, its missing the sounds and vibrations that make a car a car. Price-wise it will be competing with the new Boxster/Cayman EV, most would bet on the Porsche being superior in all aspects, as a daily driver or a track car. Although why anyone would want to drop £80k++ on any EV to do track days is beyond me.

@Cooper cost to charge the Tesla at home is about £25 now, I'm averaging 3.5Wh/mile so about 220 miles for a full charge = 11p/mile.

£25 a charge?

What electric tariff are you on.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
£25 a charge?

What electric tariff are you on.

Just the regular Electric Ireland tariff, 30p/kWh. I never charge at home so don't have a day/night EV specific tariff which would be cheaper if charging regularly at home.