slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Ah feck sake mate. Sorry to hear that. 😞

Any idea why?

Thanks man. I’ve a fair idea why but would rather not put it on the internet. I’m giving the guy who built the engine the opportunity to put it right and it will be forgotten about once it’s done.

Engine back out tomorrow and back on the boat this weekend. Yay

Trying to find a suitable ‘spare’ engine to get so I can race next week.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So to summarise the last weeks or so…..

I had a very good engine die (my fault) then had it fully rebuilt. Took it to Kirkistown on Wednesday past and it lasted two laps.

I came in from the track, it was ticking a little bit and right in front of me, it put a conrod out the engine casing. I’ll say it again, this rebuild was multiple thousand pounds and lasted two laps!!!!!

A bit of a pushing back on the engine builder, he has agreed to put another engine together of the same spec, at his own expense.

So the engine had to come back out of the car today and I’d to find a replacement engine that would do me as a ‘spare’ when the other engine materialises. At this rate, it’s probably best to have a spare so I picked this up today and sent the broken engine back to the engine builder.

Now the race is on to get her fitted tomorrow and fired up, before ticking off another few items for the Bishopscourt race next week.

This is fun….not

Rod out:
IMG_8546.jpeg

Last edited:

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Any idea on the cause? Both unrelated I assume

What a pain, got another handily enough though thankfully

The engine I bought was a spare owned by another racer. It’s not ideal tbh as it’s the earliest version of the SC59 CBR1000RR and will probably need refreshed soon.

However, it was the only one I could get my hands on within a reasonable timeframe so I couldn’t be too picky! Once the new engine comes back, I’ll swap them again and keep the spare sitting on the stand for if/when required!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Dunno how you can face keep going into your garage...that's rubbish luck you're having

f me man..................... you defo have no luck/

dont forget............. duratec caterham sitting here when you are ready........ i'll even put a bow on it for ya !!

This is the replacement engine that I bought on Friday. 🤮💩🍷

Ferraris are cheaper - where’s my f’n 360!?!

@gixermark ill probably end up with something like yours…..truly and utterly sick of this sh*t!

Cro

RMS Regular
Is there clutch adjustment on bike boxes? Do the wheels move in gear when lifted off the ground or what about switching it off in gear to see if it can be rolled back and forth to see that it’s definitely in gear

You’d imagine you’d smell clutch issues so what else could it be, sprocket nuts, chain, cables stuck open etc

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Is there clutch adjustment on bike boxes? Do the wheels move in gear when lifted off the ground or what about switching it off in gear to see if it can be rolled back and forth to see that it’s definitely in gear

You’d imagine you’d smell clutch issues so what else could it be, sprocket nuts, chain, cables stuck open etc

It’s quite possibly due to the clutch plates having sat a while - they could be bound up. I need to find the energy to pull the clutch casing off and check! I’ve another clutch pack sitting there which might easily solve the problem. Thing is, I’m all out of motivation now lol

• Haha
Reactions: Cro

Dave..

RMS Regular
Not sure if this will make any difference but try engaging gear without the clutch and see if it works. I have done it on motorcycles in the past.