angle grinder wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
just burnt out a new one cuttin off an alloy wheel looks like im gonna have to go for another.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Pics of wheel!! (y) :laughing:

BTW the silverline ones are spot on if you can get one. I've had mine years and used it loads and still goes like a champ. Think it was £20 ish. Comber autospares has them.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Pics of wheel!! (y) :laughing:

BTW the silverline ones are spot on if you can get one. I've had mine years and used it loads and still goes like a champ. Think it was £20 ish. Comber autospares has them.
thats as far as my challange grinder took me but when i get it cut off with the new one il fire up a better pic

I thought it was strange that the other 3 alloys were fine but this one was almost brown with brake dust lol

485708_385998838107530_100000922528379_1116346_1810783288_n.jpg

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
i am not 10 i know what im at dad.
the car is on axle stands so unless its a really big grinder and manages to cut through the wheel and the 4 axle stands i dont see how it could fall on me lol:p

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Stone discs are designed for cutting aluminium. Although the fact they are termed stone is incorrect.

Should be ferrous discs and non ferrous material discs. Stone and aluminium falls into the latter category. Ferrous obviously steel etc.

Or a TCT blade for cutting metal. Would slice through them in no time.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
That is ****ing EPIC lol!!! Truely lost for words for once :scream:
BTW don't see how this solves your problem!!!
This is what i was thinking! YEAH you've got the outter wheel off, what are you gonna do now, drill a chunk of the alloy off round the wheel nut and hope to shatter it off?!

Are you really that bored lol? Dear me... Butchered.com

pablo

RMS Moderator
i was at eddie torrens to buy calipers from a focus ST and they couldnt find a locking wheel nut and were going to cut the wheel off. Nice ST wheels too would have ruined a set to get a brake caliper. madness!

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
What is this pistonheads? I put up a thread lookin a grinder not a lecture lol I'll throw up pics to show the method in my madness when I'm done as for the wheel I have a spare one anyway, I'd rather cut off the old fecked wheel than drill it out and prob end up havin to buy a new hub....
In the words of sinatra I did it my way :grinning:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
In the time you've put this thread up you could have bought a cheapo angle grinder!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.